Thematic paths Visit Luxembourg
Themed Walk Mertzig
Along this 4-kilometre circular trail, visitors can discover the history and special features of the municipality of Mertzig at around 12 themed stations: the Mertzig mills, the stonecutters, the quarry industry and a herb garden.
The route is accompanied by natural green structures, various works of land art and pictures by Sosthène Weis. An interactive trail that was developed together with the residents of the municipality.
- Mäerzeger Millen (mill station with interactive hands-on mill)
- Land-Art (creative playground with "nature art station" construction site)
- Drill core (drill core on the geological structure of Mertzig)
- Herb garden (playful experience of the herb garden with puzzles and poems)
- Langer Pesch playground (expansion of the water playground)
- Steinkaulen gallery (large-scale photo panels on the history of the Mertzig stonemasons along the path)
- Steinkaulen (uncovered former quarry with interactive hands-on elements on the quarry industry)
- Sosthène Weis (open-air exhibition with paintings by the Mertzig artist Sosthène Weis)
- Bienchen und Blümchen ("Michs Béienhotel" with live bees, a renaturalised Mardelle and lots of nature)
- Forest station (exposed forest quarry with interactive elements on geology and stone extraction)
- Graecht ("Little Mertzig Switzerland" - an impressive gorge in the centre of the village)
- NaturSteine (interesting facts about the flora and fauna of the Mertziger Kaulen)
Sturdy footwear is recommended. Remember to bring enough drinking water.
At the parking in "Rue de Michelbouch"